What is the Problem?
WordPress is the most popular website platform and therefore the greatest target for hackers using automated software to find and destroy vulnerable websites. In many cases, hackers are able to exploit vulnerability in WordPress installs, customized themes, and plugins that are outdated or poorly crafted. It’s critical that these components are kept up-to-date. As such, security should be a top priority for WordPress website owners.
Fixing a hacked website costs a lot more than prevention. That’s why our PMR service is required for all WordPress websites that we host or manage.
Most hackers attempt to keep their efforts a secret. Often they simply want to redirect your visitors to their sites, usually to inject viruses, or launch phishing scams. Other times their motivation is to trash your website and database simply to cause damage. And sometimes their goal is to use your website as a repository where they can host thousands of pages for others to access.
If your website is hacked, your Google reputation and SEO efforts can be severely penalized. Google may even blacklist your website.
What Does the WordPress PMR Service Include?
- Prompt Installation of WordPress Updates. We constantly monitor your website and install WordPress updates for core files and plugins as needed. Keeping your website and components up-to-date increases security and greatly reduces chances of it being compromised.
- Real-time Malware Scanner/ Firewall. We install a malware tool that blocks repeated login attempts, malicious robots, and sends us email notification of potential issues.
- Active SEO Blocking. Your competitors won’t be able to scan your site for SEO analysis and data collection. Therefore, they will not be able to determine the SEO techniques used on your website to gain insights and inform their strategies.
- WordPress Core Configuration. We tweak the WordPress core to create additional layers of security and install our software to aid in keeping your site protected.
- Traffic Filtering and Complete Blocking when Necessary. Several countries don’t enforce internet laws or polite practices. Sometimes it becomes necessary to completely block certain regions from accessing your site.
We launched WordPress PMR in 2012, and since then, not a single site has been breached.
What if My Site is Compromised?
In the event that your site is compromised, we will:
- Immediately Correct Issues. If your site is compromised we’ll work to correct it immediately at no additional cost to you. Issues must be resolved as soon as possible as site outage can affect visitors, reputation, and SEO status.
- Work with Google on Your Behalf. We’ll work with Google to restore your reputation, remove bad links, and manage requests for re-evaluation by Google. It’s critical to manage the effects of a compromised site quickly and correctly to minimize the damage to reputation and SEO status.
Ready to Get Started?
PMR packages are sold on a yearly basis, similar to web hosting and domain registration. Purchasing WordPress PMR now will start protecting your site immediately and it will last for 12 months. Please contact us to learn more.